The non-bank teller: a liberalization necessary to ensure the most accepted mode of payment in any country
Madrid, June 26, 2017.– From Argentina I have come an analysis of the future of ATMs very interesting for Europe. The expert Julián Guarino assures in ambito.com that the next revolution of the ATMs will be to disconnect of the banks and to settle in any commercial business that so requests. An unusual circumstance some years ago, but that can be imposed by the exigency of the consumers. It would be the best outlet for ATMs, a liberalization to ensure the most accepted mode of payment for several decades. I am reproducing, for his great interest, the reflection of Julian Guarino, to promote the same debate, and the same trend, in Spain and Europe:
In the vast universe of means of payment, the ecosystem that make up ATMs is about to change forever. On the one hand, and following a decision by the Central Bank, ATMs will no longer need to be associated with a bank, although they will allow to interconnect with traditional ATM networks such as Link and Banelco. On the other hand, non-banking private financial groups that offer the installation and management of ATM-connected ATMs start to appear. Strictly speaking, according to the regulations of the BCRA, any trade may have, from now on, its own electronic window to make payments, deposits or withdrawals of cash.
The initiative allows any commercial entity to acquire ATMs without having to associate with a bank, in which customers can withdraw money and do some basic operations. Although it is not exclusive, the replacement of the money in the points of sale could be executed with own money of the commerce. The same happens with the transport of money: it will be deregulated.
The last hours data is that companies from the non-banking private sector are starting to join the business. The first, and the only one recognized by the Central Bank until now, which has ATMs since 2010 operating in a private and domestic environment in the provinces of Jujuy and Salta, is Red Genial, belonging to the Sicom Group. Its owner, Raúl Zarif, told Ámbito Financiero that he is about to disembark with his proposal in the rest of the country, although in a first stage will focus on Buenos Aires and Cordoba. The idea is that the firm takes care of the installation, administration and even recharge (if necessary) of the cashier, while the trade or chain in question capitalizes a profit for the commission by extraction, besides adding a benefit to its customers. “We have found a lot of interest from companies and chains that see an opportunity in this new segment of the market, always thinking about the financial inclusion of large sectors of the population that are not banked,” said Zarif.
The initiative of the Central Bank not only required that the rules on deposits and current accounts be changed. It also encompasses a necessarily different framework for those that until today operated the main networks of the country, that is to say, Red Link and Banelco. According to the BCRA holder, traditional ATM networks will no longer be able to charge for providing the service, since when belonging to the banking networks, that service is subsidized. It should be remembered that the regulations “do not change in any way the current regime for the network of bank tellers nor provisions for their use by customers,” according to the BCRA.
At present, Argentina has a penetration of ATMs lower than that of neighboring countries. Even the monetary authority recognized that approximately 20% of the localities of the country does not own any cashier, forcing its inhabitants to move to obtain cash. “We see with great potential for developing the ATM market in Argentina,” Ácis Financiero Sebastián Ponceliz, of the Odissey firm, who manages the ATM business in the United States, and is evaluating its potential throughout the world. The region, including Argentina.
According to the BCRA, it is expected that the non-bank teller will accurately report the costs to the client before the transaction. In addition, the screen should display a legend that says: “This operation in a financial institution could have no cost”. In the event that the business acquires an integral cashier, the customer can also connect to his bank account and perform other operations.
The Amazon Logistics Model of outsourcing to internalization: Imitable for ecommerce of multinationals and SMEs?
Madrid, May 15, 2017.- The Amazon Logistics Model is to forget any outsourcing of the supply chain and invest in resources to offer the market its own supply chain (warehouses, transportation and distribution). Amazon continues to bet on reducing costs, quality of service, capillarity in municipalities where no one distributes orders, and delivery time is decisive. The Amazon Logistics Model is to internalize all the logistics processes so that the old online store is also today a Logistic Operator. A very illustrative example of this logistical internalization: Amazon has even chartered container ships from China. The germ of this change management is found in the Amazon Logistics Service that presented its economic results for the first time in 2017. Its sales have reached 6.4 billion dollars, almost one of every six dollars of Amazon’s total turnover.
The economic newspaper Expansión says that logistics is precisely one of the foundations for Amazon’s great success in e-commerce. According to this newspaper, Amazon has built its e-commerce empire based on a large product offering and a careful shopping experience, where logistics plays a key role. Amazon became known as an online bookstore, but soon Bezos saw the need to diversify. “My goal is to sell everything,” said the executive in 2000. Today, in the cyber store are such varied items as technology, clothing or food. In addition to the products it commercializes directly, it is also a commercial center where they sell other e-shops that sometimes subcontract with Amazon the logistics. In fact, the services it provides to these stores – including the fees it charges and the logistics fees – generate $ 23 billion, almost twice as much as a couple of years ago.
From the Spanish press, there are deeper analyzes: Can Amazon become the future as a third-party logistics operator that competes with actors like UPS? Just as it now makes its data centers profitable – necessary to sustain its cyber-shopping – by selling computer capacity to companies, it is not unreasonable to think that it could take a similar step in the field of logistics, in the light of the steps it is taking in this field. At the moment, Amazon’s goal is to have greater control of logistics and to rely less on third parties, so that it can have sufficient capacity to meet peak demand. Recently, Amazon has announced the construction of a hub in the United States for its fleet of cargo aircraft, which in the short term will reach 40 aircraft. The company also has 4,000 semi-trailer trucks to move packages in its home country and a fleet of vans to make deliveries in some metropolitan areas. In the last fiscal year, expenditure on logistics (including warehouses) amounted to $ 17.6 billion, up 31 percent.
As much for the customer service, for the results, the logistics is one of the obsessions of Jeff Bezos, who does not hesitate to experiment with different formulas. Thus, it has proven the deal with bicycles, Uber cars, private and even using the New York subway. It also works on projects such as drones, which can carry packages of up to 2.2 kilos in just half an hour. On December 7, the company delivered the first package with a dron in the United Kingdom. What is indisputable is that Amazon does not stop extending its tentacles. For example, in some cities in the United States and in London, it already distributes food from restaurants at home. And if it were not enough to be the king of electronic commerce, explore how could be the physical store of the future. For example, just opened a supermarket in Seattle (United States) without cash registers, where you just download an application to make the purchase and pay in the super.
This Model Amazon Logistics is a tendency to imitate by multinationals,
small and medium businesses?.
There are business groups with the same tendency to internalize logistics processes.
In any case, the consequences are already being noticed. The Adecco Foundation has
Detected a strong increase in the offers that intermediate in the area of Logistics and
Transport. Specifically, they have grown 161% in the first quarter of 2017 with
Over the same period of the previous year. They are increasingly demanded
Professionals such as drivers, operators, warehousemen, Orders or drivers-deliverers. Forecasts indicate that this upward trendWill continue throughout the year. According to Adecco Logística y Transporte, 2 out of 3 jobs that are created in 2017
The #devolutions: the logistical challenge for an economy baptized in the #digital transformation
And I say baptized because in many developed economies the digital transformation has hardly begun in their processes and organizations. The fashion of the industrial revolution 4.0, implemented in every object of our personal and professional lives, has yet to convince many entrepreneurs, organizations and public administrations. Apart from trends, trends and tastes, there is a fundamental logistical challenge for progress: Logistics management of returns (reverse logistics), both by traditional sales channels and by the online channel. And this affects all economic sectors. Photocopiers, printers, computers, ATMs, sanitary equipment of any volume, fashion, textiles, computer devices … any object in a linear, small, large surface or online store. Precisely the White Paper of the Logistics for Ecommerce establishes these reasons for a return:
- Returns: the customer buys a certain item and, when he receives it, he decides not to keep it and returns it, either because the article does not respond to the expectations created, because the size is not correct, etc. In fact, the legislation allows, by means of the right of withdrawal, to return a certain article within the following 14 calendar days upon receipt, without having to justify the reason for its return, with the right to reimbursement of the amounts paid by the item returned and Shipping costs, but not those caused by the return. We must emphasize that the articles on which the right of withdrawal is exercised must be returned in their original packaging and, in some cases, for example, software, DVDs, etc., with unprotected seals.
- Items not ordered: Sometimes, when preparing the shipments, are mentioned picking errors and included in the package some item that the customer did not request. When he receives it, he logically returns it. In this case, the online store must collect the item sent in error and send, as soon as possible, the correct one. All this without additional cost for the client.
- Damaged items: Either for poor packaging or for improper handling during transport, the customer can receive damaged items. In this case, you must notify it within the withdrawal period so that the store replaces the damaged item at no additional cost to the buyer. After the deadline mentioned, we must attend to the terms established by the warranty of the product.
- Warranty items: We accept the product warranty issued by the manufacturer or, if applicable, by the distributor when the item is not working properly. Usually the manufacturer or distributor is responsible for the costs of collecting and delivering the items to be repaired, as well as the amount of the repair, parts included, as long as the damage was not caused by an inappropriate use of the item.
Reverse #Logistics in Bank Accounts
The banking business also goes into digital transformation. New forms of online payment and the lower use of banknotes and coins make it necessary to restructure the ATM network very regularly. The reverse logistics in the banking sector should mainly address these processes carried out by specialized companies (Metrotech web link):
- The status of the cashier and his future use. If you need an update of its functionalities to be placed in another geographical location. Or if its useful life is terminated. In both situations a number of activities are required to prepare the handling, transport and storage of the cashier.
- Comply with all applicable safety regulations for these ticket vending machines.
- Condition the cashier for removal and plan the transfer to the mode of transportation. Remember that its weight can be up to 2.5 tons.
- Design the transfer operation to avoid interruptions in the bank, annoyances for citizens and traffic jams for drivers.
- Secure the cargo in the transport mode for transportation to its new location.
- Transport vehicles conditioned for this type of cargo and for any route in cities and small towns.
- Carry the disembarkation of the transport mode cashier to his new location, following the previous steps.
- Delivery, unpacking, handling, conditioning and activation of the cash machine for immediate activation.
The reverse logistics of bank tellers should be done by professionals and companies with proven experience over the years. Companies like Metrotech that has worked with the main banks of Spain in the most difficult reverse logistics operations.